Thursday, November 8, 2007

Gravity

Right now I'm not a very big fan of gravity.

I was putting some canned goods away in my pantry the other day. As I was staking the cans, one slipped and fell into some boxes. An avalanche of side dishes began falling my way and I did my best to catch/juggle them. As the boxes crashed to the floor the can of carrots rolled off the shelf and fell right onto my bare foot.

The lip of the can, not the flat slide, landed directly on my 2nd toe on my right foot. The nail got crunched and pushed back into my skin and blood was everywhere.

Went to the podiatrist the next day and the outlook is sunny. He said that x rays were negative and the nail bed was still in tack.

Now I have to wear this geriatric looking black sandal that is flat at the top. Basically an open toed brace so my lil toe has some room to heal.

The can of carrots was sentenced to death as its contents were removed and eaten for dinner and the can itself was banished to the recycle bin till its death sentence can be carried out by the garbage man.