Saturday, December 1, 2007

The Police



Finally I got to see The Police. Saturday November 17th was the date. My father and brother flew in from Buffalo to go to the show with Erin and I. My father was under feeling the weather
and almost didn't make it to the show. After a power nap he was ready to go.

Our seats were on the floor towards the back and stage left. Fiction Plane opened and sound pretty good from what we saw. We were late getting to the show so we only saw 3 or 4 songs.

The Police opened with Message In A Bottle and rocked the rest of the way. I'm really only familiar with the greatest hits stuff so I was shocked to experience how well Andy Summers plays guitar. He played really, really well.

I also enjoyed the wall of cymbals and other percussion tools that Andy Summers used. This was especially enjoyable during Wrapped Around Your Finger.

Sting was great as expected. His bass seemed to be out of tune the first two songs and the look of his face echoed it.

The sound was great. We all noticed that Fiction Plane sounded too loud, but The Police sounded great and very tight. I had heard a lot about how they changed the timing of some of the songs and what not but you really didn't notice it. Maybe during 1 or 2 songs but otherwise the songs sounded spot on.

The stage had 3 video screens above it and then another set piece that they used for putting different video elements in. The also had lights that raised up from the stage and lights that came down from the ceiling during different parts of the show. Picture below taken from my seat using my cell phone.

The set list:

Message in a Bottle
Synchronicity II
Walking On The Moon
Voices Inside My Head
When The World Is Running Down
Don't Stand So Close To Me
Driven To Tears
Truth Hits Everybody
Hole In My Life
Every Little Thing She Does Is Magic
Wrapped Around Your Finger
De Do Do Do De Da Da Da
Invisible Sun
Walking In Your Footsteps
Can't Stand Losing You
Roxanne
King Of Pain
So Lonely
Every Breath You Take
Next To You

No comments: