Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Hospital Visit

I spent most of my Tuesday morning in the Emergency Room.

At about 5:30am my left arm went numb. I thought maybe it had fallen asleep and that it would just go away. I started doing shows and at 7am the numb feeling didn't go away. So I decided to leave and go to the ER.

I was put on a heart monitor, had X Rays taken of my chest, and I was given a CT scan. Everything came back normal. The doctor believes that the numbness in my arm is from a pinched nerve in my neck.

I have also been having pain around the incision from my hernia surgery. When I would bend over and straighten back up I felt stretching or tearing going on. I went back to the doctor who did the hernia surgery. She said that everything was normal and that it could be a nerve inflammation or groin pull. She gave me a steroid shot for the pain.

The CT at the ER confirmed that everything is fine.

Today my arm isn't as numb, but my fingers are still numb. I was given a muscle relaxer to help with that.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad you're ok - Had a similar thing happen to me in March or April....woke up and entire right side of my body was numb...leg, arm, ear, even my hair felt funny on that side when I was drying off after a shower.

I had just had an MRI, so we knew it wasn't a stroke...I waited 3 days before going to the doctor. By the 3rd day the numbness started to go away. I saw my doctor as well as a neurologist. All tests came back normal.

Luckily, it has not come back.

Anonymous said...

So glad everything turned up normal. I have had a similar experience with my foot. It actully took like 2 months for all the numbness to go away. Dr said the same think to me about a nerve. It's stuff like this that make you realize that a Doctor is just a normal person. Hope you are back to "normal" soon.

Anonymous said...

Happy to hear you are ok! Hope you are feeling better this week. :)