Tuesday, July 3, 2007

14 Years Of Bad Luck???

I know you get 7 years of bad luck for breaking a mirror, but what about a window?? Does that tack on another 7 years???

On Saturday we had a BBQ to celebrate mine and Shannon's birthday. We ended the night with some fireworks in the front of the house. One of them misfired and shot at the house. I didn't even see it happen cause it hit behind me.
Apparently it directly hit my guest bedroom window broke through the first pane of glass and then bounced off the second pane and landed on the ground and exploded. If it had broken through the second pane it would have exploded inside the house.

The worst part is that a few of my friends got hurt when the firework exploded on the ground including a little girl. It rips me up inside that someone got injured because of something I participated in. It was completely an accident and there was nothing I could have done but this doesn't help me with the guilt I am feeling.


The guilt has almost brought me tears several times because of what that little girl and her family must now experience. There is nothing that I can do and there aren't enough ways for me to apologize to make me feel better. She is gonna be ok but it will still be something that is gonna haunt me for a while.


This is something that has really shaken me up over the past few days. You never think that things like this can happen to you but they do. So on this 4th of July if you are gonna set off fireworks and watch them be more careful. Take an extra step back and be prepared for anything that could happen.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dude, from someone who works in local news, and sees stories worse than this every year, trust me, leave that stuff for the professionals.

Anonymous said...

Every year before July 4 I always think for a second that I am going to get some fireworks. But then I think about the possibility of hurting myself, or worse, somebody else, getting in trouble with New York, and getting sued...so I don't bother. Some things arent worth it. Be thankful that you didnt permanently hurt somebody, or burn your house down.