Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Fat Smash Diet

Erin and I are both doing the Fat Smash Diet right now. We are into day 3 of Phase 1 which lasts for 9 days.

I did this diet last year and lost 15 pounds over the course of a month. This time around seems to be a little harder. Erin has used the word starving a few times but has been good so far.

For the first 9 days we are in a "detox" phase where all we can eat are fruits, veggies, egg whites, yogurt and brown rice. You have to eat at least 5 meals a day. Phase 2 lasts for 3 weeks and we get to eat small portions of meat and cheese but no breads.

The breads don't come back till Phase 3 so no pizza for a month!!! That is huge in our house where Friday pizza night is an institution. Did I mention no alcohol this whole time either???

By the end of the diet you are eating all the stuff you used to eat but in smaller portions. So the goal for us to shed a few pounds and improve on our eating habits.

My first weigh in was 171.5 pounds. I don't get to weigh myself gain till day 9. We'll see how good I do.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good luck dude, let me know how it works out for you. I'm not sure I could do without pizza for that long. Can you have Starbucks or Iced Tea with real sugar?

Michael said...

Only think I can drink is low fat milk or water.