Monday, February 11, 2008

No More Crib

Erin and I finally decided a few weeks back that is was time for Shannon to take the next big step in her life. We believed that it was time for Shannon to come out of her crib and into her first toddler bed.

Erin's sister Veronica had bought Shannon a Dora toddler bed for Christmas. We put it aside for a few weeks until all the Christmas madness calmed down. I finally put it together and we placed it right next to the crib.

Shannon was very excited and was even helping me put the bed together. She helped me take some of the polls out of the box and line them up. Then she handed me things as I went along.

She left to go play with mommy, but came back up as I finished putting the bed together. It actually came together pretty easily. We topped it off with a set of Dora sheets and a Dora pillow.
As soon as I was done I told Shannon that it was ready to go. She jumped right in and pulled the sheet over her. "Look, Dora. Dora!" She was very excited.

She didn't sleep during her nap time that day. I think she was too excited. She did sleep in it that night and the crib was forgotten about. I left it in her room for 5 days and took it apart while she was at Gymboree. When she came home all she could say was "Wow!"

A huge step for Shannon. The transition couldn't have gone any better. To this day she hasn't left her room at night and as soon as we put her to bed she stays there.

Right After The Bed Was Put Together


First Night In My New Bed

No comments: