Thursday, May 29, 2008

Baltimore


I spent May 17th and 18th in Baltimore. It was Best of the Boys weekend and a great time was had by all.

A few of my high school friends are in a fantasy football league with me. There was a bet made that whomever makes it the furthest in the playoffs wins a steak in the city of his choice. We titled the bet Best of the Boys. Buck won the bet and picked Morton's in Baltimore.
I did most of the planning and organizing for the trip. Mainly because no one else was doing anything. I contacted the Orioles sales office and bought group tickets. I also set up 6 hotel rooms and got a deal that only cost each person 33 bucks.

Highlights of the trip:
  • Had lunch crab cakes at Inner Harbor. Saw some street performer juggle fire.



  • Dinner at Morton's. The porterhouse did not disappoint and everyone loved my big surprise. We had special custom menus printed for us with Best of the Boys at the top of it.



  • Smoked cigars in the rain and then walked around looking for a place to drink. By the time we found one it was last call.

  • 2 hour rain delay for the Orioles game on Sunday. So we hung out at Pickles Pub outside the stadium. Then hung out in the famous Camden Yards Warehouse drinking beers till the rain let up.



  • Got to see 7 innings of the game before we had to leave for the airport. The game itself was pretty dull, but the Orioles did put Best of the Boys up on the scoreboard for us. Very cool stuff.


Was very scared that the game was gonna get rained out. I had never seen a game at Camden Yards and who knows when I was gonna get back to Baltimore. Thankfully the rain let up and Camden Yards became the 10th baseball stadium I've seen a game at.

Check out more photos at: http://community.webshots.com/album/563573944WWILbW

No comments: