Monday, June 23, 2008

On The Road Again

Our 3 week vacation starts on Tuesday.

First stop is Pittsburgh. We have tickets to see the Yankees vs. Pirates on Wednesday at PNC Park.

We are spending 2 nights in Pittsburgh and then we drive up to Buffalo. My brother Casey is graduating high school so the family is all getting together for the big event. While I'm in Buffalo, Erin, Shannon, and I are going up to Toronto to see the Braves vs. Blue Jays at Rogers Stadium (formerly Sky Dome).

We stay in Buffalo till July 1st and then head to Long Island. On the way we are stopping in Scotia, new York to visit with Renny Tallman and her family. Renny was a really good friend of mine at Ithaca and I'm excited to meet up with her. Haven't seen her in 10 years. She has a son that is Shannon's age and younger daughter.

Her son was actually due the same day that Shannon was due to be born. Shannon went a month early, Jimmy went late. So neither hit on their due date.

On Long Island we are going to have a kids birthday party for Shannon, hit the North Fork Wine Trail, and go to a Yankees game with the Kenneys. This will be the last Yankee game I will see in the old stadium.

We are due back in Atlanta on July 11th.

Lots of driving, but a lot of fun planned. I will try my best to update the blog as we go so keep checking in.

No comments: