Monday, June 23, 2008

Passing Of A Comedy Legend

George Carlin died on Sunday from heart failure. He was 71 years old.

His influence on the comedy world will never be forgotten and can't be measured. Not only was he a Grammy winning comedian but he also had such a wide range playing roles such as Rufus in both Bill and Ted movies to a Catholic priest in Dogma.

Now that I have a child I get to also hear his voice while watching Thomas The Tank Engine.

Back in L.A. I did a report on him for my Government and the Media class about the 7 Dirty Words. A legal battle that went all the way to the Supreme Court. I read off all 7 words in front of the class (on a dare) and couldn't stop laughing. I barely got them all out. I was crying I was laughing so hard. One of my favorite memories about my semester in L.A.

You can read all about the controversy here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seven_dirty_words

The 7 Dirty Words was a bit that appeared on his album Class Clown. Hear it here:

No comments: