Tuesday, April 10, 2007

2 Hours Of My Life

Yesterday I lost 2 hours of my life that I will never, ever, ever, get back. I actually got out of work a little bit early and had a few things I wanted to get done on my way home. I usually go right from work to daycare to pick up Shannon but I was hoping to squeeze in an oil change on the way.

So I hit the highway running and found out there was an accident up ahead. So I plugged in my navigator and started looking for alternate routes. I tried 3 different ways and each one was slammed with traffic. Apparently the accident had shut down the highway for hours and the backup had been building for a while. So the normally 30 minute drive took me 2 hours as I creeped along many different side streets in bumper to bumper traffic. I just wanted to shoot myself in the head so I wouldn't have to sit in it anymore.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The drive back home this past weekend went smoothly. No problems at all. Shannon was pretty much tired of sitting in the car and let us know about it. We drove through snow flurries in both Virginia and Tennessee.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Easter was good. Shannon hated having her dress on. As soon as Erin put it on her she started crying. She was pulling on the collar of it trying to get it off. We went to church but it was so packed we had to leave. It was so packed we ended up in a hallway where we couldn't even hear the service.

We then had some friends over for dinner. I got a Honeybaked mini ham and we made some side dishes. Overall it was a successful dinner considering we put it together in a few hours after spending a week away from the house.

No comments: