Monday, April 16, 2007

Hockey


This the best time of the year for hockey. The playoffs bring out the fans and the intensity of the game. My biggest issue so far this playoff season is that the Rangers are playing the Thrashers.

The Rangers are by far my favorite team. the team of my childhood. The Thrashers are my hometown team, and because we live in Atlanta the team we get to see more often. I'd love to see the Thrashers do good, but not at the expense of my Rangers.

I went to both games 1 and 2. Games that the Rangers won. The building was electric. The fans were the loudest I'd heard for a hockey game ever. It is the Thrashers first time in the playoffs so people are excited. I didn't sit back in my seat once during the games.

I wore my Rangers jersey to both games and Erin and Shannon wore their Thrashers stuff. Since moving down here Erin seems to have more of a connection with the Thrashers now.

I don't see the Rangers sweeping but I do see them winning this series. Sean Avery is already under the skin of the Thrashers and it showed in Game 2. I love Avery. I didn't know much about him when the Rangers traded for him but he is awesome. He is the kind of guy you hate unless he is on your team. He pisses off the other teams so much that they get off their games and start going after him. If the Rangers had gotten him earlier I think they would have finished even higher in the standings. He really added something to the Rangers that they didn't have. An intensity that they had lacked for a long time.

So either way I can't lose in this round of the playoffs. I'd love to see the Rangers win it, but if the Thrashers win then I'll be happy to...and I'll get to go to more playoff games here in Atlanta.

1 comment:

Brian said...

Avery is a dick. Everyone in LA liked him when he first started, but they were thrilled to see him go. I think he might even get under the skin of his own teammates.

Go Devils!!!