Wednesday, April 4, 2007

Road Trip

I'm currently in New York visiting with Erin's family. The trip up was as smooth as we could have asked it to be.

The first day we drove about 7 hours up to Roanoke Virgina to spend the night with the Mathers. We hung out in their backyard in front of a fire pit, drank some beers, and caught up on old times.

The second day was a 10 hour trek to get up to Long Island. We took a very rural highway to drive up and everything smelled like cow manure. We stopped for lunch at a Cracker Barrel and the whole town smelled like it.

The DVD player worked like a charm. Shannon was engrossed in all things Dora, Blue's Clues, and Jack's Big Music Show. She did a great job in the car and never really whined or sounded off.

My biggest goof of the trip was going in an EZ Pass lane at the Throgs Neck Bridge. There is no one to take your money at these booths so I was essentially stuck with no way to get through. Two Port Authority cops came over to the lane and I played stupid (not too hard for me) and said I was from out of town. The took my money and opened the gate for me.

New York has been good so far. Today it is raining and the Yankee game was cancelled. A bummer for me cause that was my afternoon plans.

Seems like all the interesting things happen at work when I'm gone. Yesterday there was a shooting in the atrium below where I work. With all the people that come through there on a daily basis I'm surprised things like this don't happen more often. Apparently a man shot his ex girlfriend and then a Turner Security guard shot the man.

We are here till Friday morning and then we do the road trip in reverse with another stop to the Mather household. We should be back in Atlanta by Saturday night if all goes as planned.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

when are you taking the trip to your grandmothers house upstate shes only gettin older