Wednesday, May 16, 2007

New TV


Erin told me to start thinking of something I would want for Father's Day and my birthday. Both are in June so she usually combines both days into one gift. I've wanted to upgrade the TV in our bedroom for a while.


Some nights I was forced to watch hockey up in the bedroom and I could barley see the puck from my bed. When the action would heat up I'd have to stand right in front of the TV to see the puck clearly. Very annoying. So I decided it was finally time to replace the TV.

Delivered to my door yesterday was a brand new 26 inch Panasonic LCD HDTV. I wanted to get the 32 inch but after measuring the cabinet it had to fit in, I was only .3 inches off from fitting it. Crushing. Erin chipped in for a third of the price and I'm paying off the rest. I ordered it using a special deal I get from work so we got a pretty good price on it.


It is our first LCD and HDTV in the house. We currently don't have HDTV service from Directv yet, so for now I'll just have to enjoy the LCD goodness of it. To enhance the signal that we are getting I hooked everything up with an S-Video connection.

The TV this one is replacing has to easily be almost 20 years old. The buttons on the front of it for power and volume are smashed into the unit.

The difference in clarity and quality of the picture between the two are amazing. Erin doesn't seem to be as excited as I am about it though. While I'm blown away by the picture and sound she just kind of shrugs her shoulders. Women.

No comments: