Thursday, May 24, 2007

Feeling Empty Inside

I've been feeling empty inside for the past few weeks. Like something is missing from my life. Oh wait, something is. XM suspended Opie and Anthony for 30 days because they violated corporate policy. They weren't suspended for the Condi bit that is getting a lot of media attention, but because they talked about the situation when XM didn't want them to anymore.

A lot of loyal Opie and Anthony "pests" have voiced their displeasure by cancelling their accounts and smashing their radios. I e mailed my concerns to XM and called and complained.

Not only is the show not live till Jun 15th but XM also stopped playing all replays and Best Ofs. Since I don't get to listen to them live I rely on the replays to hear them. If you are gonna suspend them fine. But when I pay 13 bucks a month for XM, why are they punishing me by taking the show completely off their format. Opie and Anthony is pretty much the main reason I subscribed in the first place. Not only that but I signed up 3 more radios for my family to listen to XM as well.

So after voicing my opinion on how unfairly they are treating the paying XM customer, XM refunded a month of my service. Word from Opie and Anthony fan sites was that if I called to cancel they would have given me up to 3 months for free.

XM promises that they will be back on June 15th. Let's hope so for XM's sake or else they are gonna lose a lot more subscribers.

1 comment:

Brian said...

Despite the fact that I'm not an O&A fan, I think XM did a really dangerous thing. It was pretty wrong. And this all really started with fucking Janet Jackson. Damn her and her ugly old boob.