Wednesday, October 24, 2007

14 Years Ago Today

Today is the 14th anniversary of when Erin and I started dating.

Our first date was on October 23, 1993. I showed up at her house to pick her up with a dozen roses. After being greeted by her Grandfather and two dogs, I presented Erin with the roses which she promptly left on the kitchen counter. I still give her shit about that to this day. Her defense was that she had never been given roses so she didn't know what to do with them.

We went out for pizza at Little Vincents and then ice skating at The Rinx. I hadn't skated in a while and I found out through the grapevine that Erin enjoyed ice skating so that is where we went. Amazingly I stayed on my feet and Erin feel once. I laughed at her.

Purposely I left the card off of the roses cause I had written "will you go out with me" on it. I figured if the date went poorly I could just ditch the card and if it went well I'd give it to her.

So I took her back home at the end of the date and gave her the card. she took it and went back inside her house. She never opened it.

The next day I got a phone call from Erin saying she had opened the card and the answer was yes. So we counted the 24th as the first official day of our relationship. The rest is history.

5 comments:

Rhymes with Cheese said...

Congratulations guys! my goodness how time flies.

PVision said...

Awwwww

Brian said...

Congrats!!! It seems like 1993 was just yesterday.

Anonymous said...

WOW 1993 That is an extremely long time. Makes me feel old. But I rather be 31. CONGRATS to you both. Here is to many more years !!! Brian and I will be celebrating our 4th wedding anniversary tommorrow.

Anonymous said...

I don't think I ever heard the story of how you guys got together. Very sweet. Congrats!