Thursday, February 8, 2007

How Horrible Are My Teeth????



I recently found out that my dentist no longer takes Metlife Dential coverage. I've been going to them for a few years so they took it when I first decided to go there. Apparently they stopped taking it in May 2006. News to me, but it probably explains why the crown I just got cost me $693.50 out of pocket.

So I'm going to a new dentist starting next month. One that actually takes my coverage. They asked me to get copies of my x-rays from my current dentist. On top are my Bitewing
x-rays. Under that is my Panoramic x-ray which covers my whole mouth. The brighter white spots are all my fillings. Since these x-rays I've had my wisdom teeth removed so the last tooth on all 4 corners of the Panoramic are gone.

I've done such a poor job taking care of my teeth that almost every one of them has at least one or two fillings in them. Two of my teeth were all filling and led to me have to get crowns on them. I'll probably need two more crowns in the future.

So two life lessons today kids. Take care of your teeth and make sure your dentist still takes your coverage before agreeing to any major dental work.




1 comment: