Monday, March 12, 2007

Doctor Visit

I went to the doctor today for my follow up.

She said that the wound is healing nicely and that I should be feeling back to normal by the end of the week. Since I'm not walking very well and still a little sore she recommended that I take it easy this week. So no work for me.

I think I overextended on a reach earlier in the day cause I was much more sore than I had been in a few days. So much so that I decided to take 2 painkillers. I think 1 would have probably done the job cause my head is swimming and as I type this my fingers feel like they are 10 pounds each. Should make watching 24 really interesting tonight.

The most pain I've felt through this whole process is when I sneeze. It is horrible. The pain radiates throughout the whole area of my wound. Any time I feel a sneeze coming on I do whatever I can force it back.

My movie of the day was Raising Arizona. I hadn't seen it in a while and watching it today. I can't believe I don't own it. It is probably my favorite Coen Brothers movie. Everything about it is great right down to the excellent soundtrack with the banjo and yodeling. The chase scene as it goes from the street, through houses and supermarkets, with everything from the police to a pack of dogs chasing HI is the best part of the movie.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

oh yeah, forgot to tell you about those sneezes. Only thing I remember doing for that was if you are going to sneeze, try to get in the fetal position. It will keep your body and your scar from stretching as much during the sneeze.