Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Road Trip Rehearsal

This is how much of a loser I actually am. On Sunday I had a packing rehearsal for our big road trip this weekend. We are driving up to New York with a stop to visit Mather in Virginia on the way.

This is the first trip we are taking since we got the Grand Cherokee. So I wasn't sure exactly how much is gonna fit in it. Not only are we taking a weeks worth of stuff for 3 people but we are also taking up a package for Buck.

So Buck came over with his box and I brought out empty suitcases and a few of the things we are taking to see how it all fits. After sizing everything up, we should be all good to go.

The other thing I had to "rehearse" was how to hook up our portable DVD player to the back of the front seat. This working properly is gonna be a huge factor to a successful trip. We need to make sure that Shannon will be entertained for most of the 15 hours up to New York.

I have a case for the DVD player that doubles as a seat back kind of thing but I've never hooked it up before. So after about a half an hour of tightening and loosening straps I finally got the case where I want it.

So when I go to pack the car on Friday I'm expecting a nice, quick, stress free experience. The layout for the luggage is all set and all I have to do is re-attach the DVD player case and we are ready to hit the road.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

yeah, youre pretty much a loser dude