Tuesday, March 6, 2007

Operation Wrap Up

Surgery went well. Erin was told by my doctor that the tear was a little bigger than they had expected so more of it had to be repaired.

I was at the hospital at 7am and didn't go in for surgery till about 9:45am. I was wheeled into a freezing operating room and then helped onto the operating table. Someone came in and asked to see my hand for a second and next thing I knew I was waking up in recovery.

Recovery lasted about an hour and I was back in the car on my way home.

Last night went fairly well. No pain or anything just moving around slow. Got to watch the Rangers beat the Islanders in a shootout. Big win for the Rangers as they fight for a playoff spot. Also got to watch 24.

Woke up this morning at 5am in a good amount of pain. So I had to take a few pain killers so I could get back to sleep. I have to take 1 to 2 pain killers every 4 hours. I'm actually more sore today than I was yesterday. The soreness is on my entire right side rahter than just in the area of the stitches. I got stitches on the inside and they used some kind of bond to paste my skin together on the outside.

I was bored so I made my first attempt down the stairs. It was a slow go but I made it. I'm sitting in a chair right now to type this. I am a little uncomfortable.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

yep, same thing here dude, I went in and waited a little bit. Went in for surgery, they asked me to count to 10 and next thing I knew they were telling me i was good to go. I was like, go where, I cant see anything bitches. you'll be fine with the pain, only thing i can tell you to watch out for is laughing and having sex. wait for both, of course with Erin seeing half your balls shaved, she'll be doing the laughing...

Anonymous said...

You got gutted. Cool.

Brian said...

Nice scar. Tell people you got shot by some VC while you were deep in the shit.

Hope you're feeling better.

Anonymous said...

NO ONE NEEDS TO SEE THAT .VOMIT